Greenlight Gives, a newly-launched internal initiative organised by staff to support both local and national charities and foundations, kicked off its third charitable event since its inception in November on Friday 8th December with The Official Pub Quiz of 2017.
The quiz combined a mix of general knowledge and pub quiz trivia, as well a business-specific questions to truly test even the most seasoned pub quiz champions. We sold tickets for the evening internally, and also had a raffle on the evening to help raise more money for our charity of choice for the event: Dogs Trust.
The Greenlight Gives team have chosen different charities for each event, and as Christmas is just around the corner, we wanted to spread the love to man's best friend, as this is a time of year where the number of dogs that are put up for adoption tends to increase due to impulsive decisions to buy a dog for Christmas.
To get everyone excited about the night (asides from all of the glory that comes with being crowned the winners of the official pub quiz of 2017, of course), we got some fantastic prizes lined up for the evening:
- Honest Burgers King's Cross donated a free burger, chips and drink for each member of the winning team
- Our client, Dixons Carphone, donated some Sennheiser HD 205 headphones to the winning team
- 2 x £50 food, drink and retail gift cards were given to raffle ticket winners
- And, of course, there was lots of prosecco to keep spirits up throughout the evening!
The evening was a great success, seeing us raise more than £300 for Dogs Trust which we're very pleased with (particularly during a month when many are already maxed out from Christmas shopping!). This follows on nicely from our earlier events which we've organised through Greenlight Gives:
- Our Bake Sale saw us raise more than £300, with all proceeds going to International Justice Mission
- We raised more than £960 through our Santa Fun Run at Victoria Park, which we donated to Mind
For more information on our Greenlight Gives initiative, don't hesitate to get in touch.